Labor Certification PERM

Whether you are an employer seeking to get a foreign worker into the United States, or you are an employee, Glassman Law has the right solution for you.

Foreign Investors

Pursuing an investment opportunity in the U.S.? We can complete the visas process for you to enter the United States based on your investment in a U.. business. Don’t take this step alone, let us help you do it the right way.

Performers / Entertainers

We have been helping some of the best entertainers from all around the world to secure their visas. Whether you are simply traveling for a single performance, or have a list of shows scheduled, we got your back

Innovation and Integrity

Serving clients from all over the world

Our law practice covers all areas of immigration law, including employment-based immigration and family-based immigration, all temporary and permanent-type visas, as well as United States naturalization and citizenship. Our legal services are available for the following types of immigration matters:

Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant visas, also known as temporary visas, have fixed time limits in which a qualified foreign national may remain in the United States to perform the activity that is consistent with their type of visa. Nonimmigrant visas include the following:

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visas (Professionals) K-1 Fiance(e) Visas
J-1 Exchange Visitor Visas
E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas
L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas
I Representatives of Foreign Information Media
O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas
P-1 Artists and Athletes
R-1 Religious Worker Visas
TN Status Under NAFTA for nationals of Canada and Mexico

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas, which are commonly referred to as “Green Cards,” permits a foreign national to permanently reside in the United States. Lawful permanent residency may be obtained through the following categories:

Family – Based Permanent Residence Visas

Qualified foreign nationals may obtain lawful permanent residency through family members who are either United States citizens or permanent residents. United States Citizens may petition for spouses, parents, children and siblings to obtain their permanent residence. Permanent residents may petition only for spouses and children. There are various eligibility requirements and preference categories depending upon the specific type of family relationship. Due to annual limits in certain preference categories there may be a significant delay in the availability of a permanent visa.

Employment – Based Permanent Residence Visas

Lawful permanent residency may also be obtained through a foreign national’s work in the United States. There are several employment-based preference categories, many of which require sponsorship by a United States employer. manual pdf Some categories also require a certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (“labor certification”) before an employer may sponsor an alien for permanent residence. As with the family-based categories, employment-based categories are also subject to annual limitations depending upon the preference category, which may cause a significant delay in the availability of a permanent visa.

Naturalization and Citizenship

Lawful permanent residents may become naturalized United States citizens after meeting certain eligibility requirements. Of course, lawful permanent residents are not required to become United States citizens, but in most cases it is highly recommended if the eligibility requirements can be met. In some cases, aliens may be eligible for United States citizenship through birth or their parents.

Real Estate

Our attorneys also handle commercial and residential real estate transactions in the metro-NYC area. We represent buyers and sellers in real estate transactions involving houses, condominiums, and cooperative apartments, from contract negotiations through closing of title. manual pdf We also assist clients in purchasing, financing, leasing, and selling commercial properties in New York. manual pdf

In addition to representing buyers and sellers, our firm also represents residential real estate lenders and mortgage brokers in New York State. We are well-versed in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), preparation of HUD-1 settlement statements, and Consolidation Extension and Modification Agreements (CEMA), which are unique to New York real estate. We represent lenders in the closings of single- and multi-family houses, condominiums, and cooperative apartments.

Next Steps…

Do not wait any longer. Do no take your immigration matter lightly. Its your life.